At HarmonyPSA we have been working hard on Harmony version 4.19, bringing you many new features and fixes. We run through some of the major changes in this article. You can access the full list of releases and bug fixes by clicking here.
In Harmony you are now able to create groups of customers, either manually or automatically by what products they purchase. You can then limit ticket categories, types and teams to certain customers. For example, you can configure Product groups so that when a product is sold to a customer it will automatically add that customer to a particular customer group.
You can also control users from accessing certain customer information by adding customer groups to the desired users only. From a Service Desk perspective you can configure teams so that certain teams can be viewed by certain customers from the external portal.
For more information on these new features please click here.
Customer Portal Enhancements
This release brings many improvements to the customer portal. There are additional settings under contact which means these contacts are always added to tickets whether logged internally, via the portal or via email.
You can also add multiple contacts when creating a ticket, either in the portal or internally. The routing rules system now takes into account ticket type, category and also customer group. The settings to configure this can be found in the operations view under Setup > Tickets > Routing.
We have also added additional permission configurations to the external user details page for each contact. You can now turn off email alerts, turn off access to the portal and set view-only access to tickets. Additionally, you will be able to control the external user feature permissions, such as adding or editing tickets and closing tickets.
Global Rate Contracts
We have added a feature that allows you to create a main contract that customer-level rate contracts can use. This saves time creating individual rates, billing methods and tasks. When you are creating similar contracts, a global contract can be used instead.
These global contracts are defined against legal entities and jurisdictions. You can link a customer contract to a global contract, which will then derive the pricing for the customer contract from the global rates. You can override the pricing on the customer contract by copying the global rates to the customer contract and changing the price.
This can be found in Resources > Global Contracts. A detailed help guide can be found here.
Pin Board Totals to Dashboard
We have redesigned the dashboard homepage to display pinned statistics. These are highly customisable and allow you to take information from different grids and present them on your homepage.
Example uses for this include displaying total revenue from a particular customer or showing how many tickets are left in a team’s queue. These pinned stats can then be applied to a whole team or just your own individual home screen. This enhancement to the boards functionality allows you to create tiles containing different aggregations of the pre-defined filters that can be pinned to the dashboard.
A detailed walkthrough of this enhancement can be found here.
Tickets Linked to Assets from the Customer Portal
External users can now select an asset when creating tickets from the customer portal. To do this the external user will need to log in to the customer portal.
White Label Help Desk
In Harmony v4.19 there is a new feature which allows a new layer of customer’s employees to manage their own tickets and have access to Harmony. This is useful if customers want their own help desk to manage tickets first before they go to your internal support team.
When creating a team, make them an external team. This can be found in the operations view and through selecting Setup > Tickets > Teams. Here you will find a new type of external user called 'External Ticket Owner'. Staff members can pass tickets to the customer users by assigning to external teams. You can find more information regarding this brand-new feature here.
(please contact your account manager for further information on additional licencing for this feature )
Pay Contractors Different Rates Depending on What They Are Working On
You can now create multiple assignments for contractors at different rates of pay, and set attributes on these assignments so these rates will be applied to the contractor's time booking based upon whether the work is billable, who the customer is, the date of the time booking, etc etc.
Excluding Users who Trigger Email from Rule Notification
You can now ensure the user who triggers an email notification is either sent or not sent an email notification. For example, a support member changed the status of a ticket to fixed, they may not want an email notification telling them this. This feature includes a global setting to exclude the user that triggers the rule notification from receiving the email. This has been added to Finance > Settings > Control > Defaults and the option to override the global setting on each rule has also been added.
Restrict Categories by Ticket Type
From the categories page in operations view (Operations > Setup > Tickets > Categories), you can now limit categories to be shown only when the ticket is set to a ticket type. You can also select multiple ticket types for these ticket categories.
Category Description Enhancement
When creating a category, you can now add images, links as well as formatted text as a description to a ticket category. These images and text will be displayed in the details section of the ticket when the configured category is selected. This can be useful if you want to provide instructions to your external users about what information is required from them based on which category is selected.
- Contractor assignments are now used to be able to pay contractors different rates depending on what they are working on. Before 4.19.1 the Customer attribute of the assignment was mandatory but now it is not, and the rate will not be applied if the customer does not match the customer on the time booking. Probably what you will want to do is remove the Customer attribute from your contractor assignments to make them work as you expect.
- The API has changed how it formats ReportDateWithTime. This affected some columns in the ticket and sla listing API methods. These no longer have the datetime property nested within it and instead are formatted as usual datetimes.
- ProjectCode in the earned spent time report\api endpoint is now called ProjectRef
- AssignedStaffMember in tickets have been changed to AssignedUser. You might have to change references to this in your rules, web hooks, dynamic tags and custom views if you are currently using this attribute
- New Security features have been added to the external portal. Ensure you have the desired settings for External portal by going to Setup > Tickets > General . (Operations view). Scroll down to External Portal settings . You can change the what is selected by default from here to align with your setup.
- if you had Product Families linked to ticket routing and categories , this has been removed and translated into the customer group feature. With the upgrade your link will be automatically placed in Customer Groups. To check go to Setup > Static > Customer Groups. You can also check categories and routing in operations view by going to Setup > Tickets.
As always if you have any questions or issues please get in touch.
The Harmony Team
About the Author: Harmony Business Systems Ltd (HBS) is the company behind HarmonyPSA, the most complete cloud PSA software on the market. Developed with functionality to cater for even the most complex needs of MSPs, VARs, ISVs and Professional Services organisations, HarmonyPSA truly is the next generation of PSA systems. HBS is an independent company based in the UK. Follow HarmonyPSA on Twitter or LinkedIn