The most important question we aim to answer immediately on the first discovery call is: Is HarmonyPSA suitable for my business?
Now, where the enquirer is a Managed Services Provider (MSP) or software business (ISV), we pretty well know that the answer is going to be yes because these are the business types we designed it for.
For these businesses, we have added a wide range of unusual, in some cases unique, niche features to address needs specific to their sector. These are our sweet spot and in most cases we can repeatedly say “Yes, it also does that…” to (what are often) hours of questions.
But, while we get enquiries from technology businesses every day, what has surprised us of late is the wide range of other business types that not only enquire but are also willing to buy our solution. Companies with no relationship to the technology sector that we target. It even surprises us that they find us, let alone buy.
Recent examples include a firm that tests engines, people who ship artworks around the globe, tax accountants and a transmission mast repair business. Not traditional MSPs or ISVs by any measure.
So, what is the common thread that unites these disparate business models and what do they see in Harmony to make them consider us a solution?
Well they all have the following in common:
- Bespoke structured processes to control (both within a project context and as part of business as usual)
- Complex contracts and billing models (not simply time or incident billing)
- A need for real-time profitability reporting (at customer, project and contract levels), the so-called 360 degree view of the business
- CRM and quoting fully integrated in a single seamless (non-modular) system flow
- Custom data attribute and notifications requirements
- A need to understand employee contribution without a lot of manual analysis
- A need to link together other systems without paying for bespoke interfaces
- A system to both control the chaos and support further growth
- Plus 100 other details….
And Harmony does all that (plus the 100 other things).
So while we thought we were building a PSA platform for technology businesses, it turns out we have built one for a far wider range of verticals, truly a generic business control solution that can be adapted to address many different business situations.
Our approach to application design means that we won’t tell you how to run your business with a set of closed-form solutions that force you to make changes to the way you operate. We designed Harmony to enable you to manage your business the way you want to, with as few compromises as can be imagined.
So, if you have struggled to find a business solution that is flexible enough to support your unique needs, let us take a shot at it, you may well be surprised.
About the Author: Harmony Business Systems Ltd (HBS) is the company behind HarmonyPSA, the most complete cloud PSA software on the market. Developed with functionality to cater for even the most complex needs of MSPs, VARs, ISVs and Professional Services organisations, HarmonyPSA truly is the next generation of PSA systems. Follow HarmonyPSA on Twitter, LinkedIn or Website