Is HarmonyPSA the best PSA solution on the market? Well of course we like to think so, but really PSA means different things to different people and it all depends on what you’re seeking.
Here at Harmony, we compete with some great pieces of software and we know from years of experience how tough this market is to enter and survive in. So, because we respect our competition, we have a clear policy of never talking them down to customers, prospects or in public.
But we thought it may help inform your choice if I point out some things that Harmony does that we have been told by prospects are hard to achieve in some competing platforms:
- Performance: Harmony is optimised for responsivness, irrespective of the device you are using. We have placed a lot of emphasis in the architecture on user experience and not making you wait while we process instructions. This thinking carries over to mobile use where our responsive UI adapts to screen size and just keeps working. We were fortunate enough to skip the mobile app epoc, indeed Harmony probably looks and works best on a tablet.
- Balance Sheet Mgt.: in many ways Harmony is the next-generation PSA, built to support complex contracts, flexible period billing, deferred revenue and prepayment accounting, all fully integrated and automatic, driven by our product objects that carry their billing and accounting rules with them. This makes it an ideal platform to use to migrate your business into the cloud from break/fix. Incidentally, if projects are your thing, we also do proper work-in-progress accounting. If you are an ISV or VAR, Harmony is probably the first truly usable PSA with built-in support for resellers and delivering correct period accounting without the need for manual adjustments.
- Multi-support: from multi-currency (there at the start) we have added support for multiple brands, legal entities, time zones, tax rules, languages and sales jurisdictions. Our multi-legal entity business model means you can add companies too without changing their accounting system (or even chart of accounts). Harmony will then allow you to share work round the world and automate the creation of transfer pricing transactions.
- Everything is not a ticket: because we did not grow out from a service desk solution, we treat tickets as what they are, not as carriers for a range of different objectives. This may sound odd, but when you’ve had to create 100s of fake tickets to get your work done (or, for instance, to book time to, say, an opportunity), you’ll realise how critical a drawback this can be.
- Deep configurability: as a challenger solution, we have talked to more than 1,000 technology businesses trying to find a feature they need for their business. The years of this process has led, we believe, to the most configurable and flexible solution on the market. When we released pre-payment contracts, it was not three to four standard models, it was a concept that you can take and use to design the way you wish to work. Whether you record balances in hours, time or tokens, you can build the model in Harmony. A single customer can even have all three if you wish. This is the configuration thinking we (and you should be able to) take for granted. Want your customer portal to look like the rest of your website? Go right ahead, we allow you to edit the style sheets directly.
This list just scratches the surface of the way modern solution architecture thinking can transform an offering in the PSA space. If you are frustrated with the way your PSA solution forces you through cumbersome work-arounds call us and talk that problem through. We’ll put money on us having heard it before and delivered an answer.
About the Author: Harmony Business Systems Ltd (HBS) is the company behind HarmonyPSA, the most complete cloud PSA software on the market. Developed with functionality to cater for even the most complex needs of MSPs, VARs, ISVs and Professional Services organisations, HarmonyPSA truly is the next generation of PSA systems. Follow HarmonyPSA on Twitter, LinkedIn or Website